In this article, you can find 5 useful tips about getting started with social media. So, lets start!
- Choose the social network that applies the most to your business: This starts with asking yourself who is your audience. If they are young people between 12 and 18, maybe your best choice should be Instagram. But, if they are photographers between 23 and 30 the best option could be Flicker.
- Think about the topics that you and your audience have in common: You don’t want to bore your users by speaking all the time about your product, you have to find topics that are interesting to you and your audience. For example, if you sell shoes for the winter, you could talk about ways to have fun in the snow.
- Decide how many times a day you want to post: Each social network is a different world, so it’s good to understand it. Twitter requires a lot more content than Facebook, because each tweet remains on the screen of the user less time than on Facebook. This is my advice:
Facebook: 3 times a day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one at night.
Twitter: 15 times a day, one each hour from 8 in the morning to 10 in the afternoon.
Instagram: 2 times a day. But, remember this social network is not about the times you post, but the quality of the image your sharing.
- Personalize your social network: Putting a good image on the profile picture and on the cover, writing the description of your company, with your website, address, a little bit of your history…
- Determine who your competitors are and analyze their social media strategy: Number of posts, topics, engagement of their users, mentions. What are they doing right. What are they doing wrong. What could you learn (or maybe not) from them.